Sunday, September 16, 2012

Google Plus FTW

I am not on Facebook. This is not a joke. I am a rare and endangered species, but no pictures, please. Despite much persuasion from many people around me to get a freaking account, I have held my ground steadfastly. Facebook shall not have my sorry soul if I have anything to say about it.

But all theatrics aside, I have used Facebook before, on someone else's account. And no, I'm not a hacker. Facebook is a good way to post narcissistic pictures, tell the world things we don't want or need to know, and stalk people. But since I'm not interested in any of that, I lead a perfectly good life without it. That is not to say I am anti-social; I am on a social networking site - Google+.


I've been on Google+ for quite some time now, but never had the opportunity to try Hangouts. Google Hangouts is basically video chatting, kinda like Skype. Up to 10 people can join a Hangout at once, and you can join a Hangout via PC or phone. When my project group PHANTOM decided to hold a meeting online, we used Hangouts, and I must say we had a whale of a time. :P

There are politicians and celebrities using Google Hangouts too!



See how great Google+ is? But don't take my word for it, try it yourself!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your post, the first two paragraphs are hilarious!

    I just wanted to know though, if the limit to each Hangout is 10 people, how do the Hangouts with politicians and celebrities work?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @chinxy Interesting question! I wonder as well ㅇ-ㅇ Maybe Google has partnerships with celebrities! I did see banners on YouTube promoting celebrity Google+ accounts!

    ReplyDelete