Sunday, October 14, 2012

Distorting reality

You don’t need Inception to distort reality. There are Internet tools that do a fantastic job of it already.

For pictures, there’s Photoshop.

For music, there’s Autotune.


While the use of these tools to enhance one’s appearance and voice is sometimes deemed distasteful, one cannot deny that we would rather look at a pretty face and listen to a sweet voice.

I must say though, that it is also because of these tools that our ideas of beauty and talent are now twisted. But that’s philosophy for another day.

I've kept this for last, because it’s just plain embarrassing. Our blog assignment for this week includes a video of our own creation, so I chose to do a cover of the song “Love You Like A Love Song” by Selena Gomez.

Mind you, it’s not Grammy material, but it will not make your ears bleed either (I hope). It’s also intentionally dark so the visuals will not distract you from the music (ha ha). Also, this is the first time I’m using Windows Movie Maker, so be nice. It’s not a bad piece of work, if I do say so myself.

Enjoy. Muahahaha.


1 comment:

  1. I am a living proof of how well you can sing, Cassandra! ^^ Hahaha. With better recording tools, I'm sure it wouldn't have been any different from the music video :D

    Anyway, really good attempt at making a video like this! Applause for uploading this as well haha (I know how embarrassing it is alright) xD

    I really enjoyed the 'Kristen Bell's sloth gets auto-tuned!' It's actually pretty cool keke.

    ReplyDelete